|Home > Products
>Asaflex - The high-performance clear styrenic copolymers
|Brochure Grades & Properties Tech Guide
The High-performance Clear Styrenic Copolymers (SBC)
Asaflex is a styrene-butadiene block
copolymer (SBC) characterized by both superior transparency
and high impact resistance. The polybutadiene-phase (i.e.,
the rubber-phase) dispersion in Asaflex is on a
finer scale than the wavelength of visible light.
effectively heighten the impact strength, flexural properties,
and other copolymer characteristics, with no effect on
its light transmission.
Salient features of Asaflex
- High transparency, elegant
- Superior impact strength.
- Superior flexural characteristics.
- Coloring and printing capability.
- Superior compatibility with
styrenic resins, for high impact strength.
- Broad range of processing methods and conditions (i.e., inflation molding).
- Sterilization using gamma-ray is possible.
- Superior double refraction like acrylate resin.
- Product with well balance of stiffness and flexibility can be obtained.
- Superior permiability to gases.
Typical applications of Asaflex
- Glossy, printable films,
such as: laminate films, shrink films.
- Strong, transparent containers
and packaging materials,
such as: food containers, drink cups, chilled
and frozen dessert cups, blister packs.
- Transparent cases and parts
requiring hinge, flexural, and push-lock properties,
such as: eyeglasses and goggle cases, cosmetics
- Transparent, impact-resistant
parts for electric/electronic appliances and
such as: printer cowlings, printer tray covers,
- Medical devices and their packaging requiring gamma sterilization.